The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Program
This is a program which assists families receiving federal rental assistance move to economic independence so they are free of any governmental assistance.
What does family self-sufficiency provide?
A chance to meet with other FSS families to:
- Receive support and encouragement
- Hear other people's stories and realize they are not alone
- Bridge the social isolation that is characteristic of families in distress
- Receive information about community services and current job openings
What are the workshops about?
Workshops are provided by separate partner entities focusing on some aspect of self-sufficiency:
- Financial assistance for higher education
- Credit repair/home ownership
- Resume writing
- Parenting: family communication
- Stress management
Are there other benefits of participation in FSS?
Other benefits include:
- Revolving Loan Fund
- Scholarship Fund
- Referrals to various community services
- Access to various job listings
- Access to job fairs and other community activities.
How do I get more information?
If you are a Section 8 participant, call the Housing Authority at (951) 343-5442 and speak with Ed Kreitz. He will be able to explain more about the FSS program and get you started. You can also email Ed Kreitz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more information on the Homeownership Program